Search

Friday 8 March 2013

I am a Superman: says Ram Gopal Varma

ram gopal varma I am a Superman: says Ram Gopal VarmaRam Gopal Varma does not like being emotionally dependent on people and he says he lives in a delusional world where he is the “Superman”
The 50-year-old director says he does not need friends. “I am definitely an intense person. I don’t have friends because I don’t feel the need. I am not emotionally dependent on anyone, I don’t need a shoulder to cry on.
I live in a delusional work, where I am the superman, and superheroes don’t need anyone,” Varma told in an interview.The filmmaker also said he does not have time for social gatherings as he is either busy making or watching movies.
“I spend time with people when I am making movies but don’t share an attachment. And also I don’t have time for parties as I am busy watching or making movies,” he added.
Varma is currently working on the sequel of his 1998 cult underworld saga “Satya”. The new movie’s trailer has been released and features Telegu actor Sharwanand. It will be made in two versions Hindi and Tegulu. “I have completed the movie 50 per cent and I will be producing it as well. It has all newcomers. The film is about a guy who comes to Mumbai in 2013 to reinvent and re-establish a non existent underworld.
“The new ‘Satya’ will be armed with his understanding of the mistakes made by Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Rajan, Abu Salem, Chhota Shakeel and Arun Gawli,” Varma said. The original movie starred Telugu actor J D Chakravarthy, Manoj Bajpai, Urmila Matondkar and Shefali Shah.
The film is considered a cult because of its gripping storyline, excellent narrative and memorable performances. When asked why he didn’t rope in big names for this movie, Varma said, “I don’t make movies for stars, they come with a lot of baggage and you have to work according to them.
I like to work freely without any interference.” In his over two decade old career, Varma has directed critically and commercially hit movies like ‘Raat’, ‘Rangeela’, ‘Satya’, ‘Kaun’, ‘Jungle’, ‘Company’, ‘Bhoot’ and ‘Sarkar’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts