Search

Saturday 2 March 2013

I want international recognition: Emraan Hashmi

He has earned himself the tags ‘Hitman Hashmi’ and ‘Serial kisser’, but Emraan Hashmi now wants recognition of a different kind. The actor, who is currently working with Oscar-winning Bosnian filmmaker Danis Tanovic, says that he wants the film to give him an ‘international image’. “I am still new to this world and this new persona . I don’t really know how it will pan out in the future but I definitely hope that the film receives international recognition and is appreciated by everyone around the world,” says the 33-year-old, who is currently shooting for the film in Patiala.

Hashmi, however, refuses to give out more details about his international project.
“But it is a different terrain, it is a challenge for me. The film is on a controversial subject, something that is inherent in the society and I think people will be pleasantly surprised to see this film. It’s something that is outside my comfort zone,” he says. The actor is quick to add that this is not a ‘Hollywood’ film. “It won’t be right to fit it into that category. I think it is broader in perspective and is more international,” he says. 

Considering that Tanovic’s film No Man’s Land won an Oscar, does he have Academy dreams for this project too?
“Yes, going to the Oscars would be a bonus,” says the actor, who recently walked the red carpet at the Berlin Film Festival since Tanovic has just had another release. The actor, who is known to not attend award functions, says that we can’t compare our awards with Oscars. “Everyone knows that I am not much into Indian film awards as some of them are questionable, but I think we should not compare ourselves with Oscars.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts