Search

Monday 21 January 2013

‘Ek Thi Daayan’ is not a horror film and it is not a gory story: Kalki Koechlin

Kalki Koechlin Ek Thi Daayan is not a horror film and it is not a gory story: Kalki Koechlin Kalki Koechlin has made her mark in Bollywood by doing atypical heroine roles and the actress says she doesn’t believe in taking advice from anyone when it comes to her career. The 29-year-old actress made a successful debut with husband and director Anurag Kashyap’s critically acclaimed ‘Dev D’ and followed it up with films like ‘Shaitan’, ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’, ‘That Girl in Yellow Boots’ and ‘Shanghai’.
Kalki feels her personality is more suited to youth centric films.
“I don’t always follow the trends that are advised to me because I don’t want to suffer later in life for choosing someone else’s opinion rather than my own. So, it is important to stick to your decisions,” Kalki told PTI.
“I am a representative of what the youth think and my kind of cinema is more in touch with them. My fan following is primarily from the age 15 to 30 so that is kind of relevant. I try to stick to what I believe in,” she added.
Kalki will be next seen in upcoming musical thriller ‘Ek Thi Daayan’, which also stars Emraan Hashmi, Konkona Sen Sharma and Huma Qureshi.
The trailer, which was launched earlier this month, has generated a lot of buzz online.
“I would not call it a horror film because there is no blood in it. It is not a gory story. It is for children as well as adults. It is more like a thrilling and magical realism type of film,” said Kalki, who was in the capital to unveil the first look of India’s first app reality TV show ‘Nokia Lumia Your Wish is My App’.
Kalki will judge the reality show.
“This is a very interesting show and will promote new ideas. For me, who is a smart phone user, applications play a major part in my daily life,” said the actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment