Search

Saturday 23 February 2013

Vijay says ‘My fans are my Thalaivargal’

vijay1 Vijay says My fans are my ThalaivargalIn an exclusive interview Ilayathalapay Vijay reveals that he has a hundred to celebrate, thanks to Thuppakki.
Looks like the `Elite 100-crore club’, which was the bastion of Bollywood until now, is soon going to be a thing of the past!
The trend of boxoffice collections crossing `100 crore started as early as Aamir’s Ghajini, and later, films like Dabangg, 3 Idiots, Rowdy Rathore and Ready followed. Now with Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s film Thuppakki, which touched the 100-day mark last Wednesday, joining the `Elite 100 crore club’, a new trend has commenced in K’town. Apparently, Vijay becomes the second massappeal hero after Superstar Rajinikanth who has registered his name in the 100crore club. Vijay, the hot hunk of K’town, who is shooting in Mumbai for his upcoming film, Thalaivaa, speaks to us in an exclusive about his new achievement and future films.

ACHIEVING ` 100 CRORE MARK:

It’s heartwarming. I should thank the whole team. Perhaps it was possible because of a change in release pattern and size, the multiplex boom, youth thronging to theatres, huge marketing efforts that have contributed to this new trend.

THE SUPERSTAR THRONE AND `NUMERO UNO’ FACTOR:

I don’t really understand much about numbers, but my distributors kept updating me about the collections at the box office which they said crossed the mark in three weeks itself. Having taken this giant leap, thanks to my fans and A.R. Murugadoss, I will strive for greater heights.

RESPONSIBILITIES RISE:

Post Thuppakki’s huge success, people’s expectations are also massive. It gives me a sense of responsibility to achieve more in the future.

ON THALAIVAA:

`My fans are my thalaivargal’ (says with all modesty) . Well, as misconstrued by many, the film has nothing to do with politics. Neither do I lead any group in it! When you watch the film, you will know the title is justified.
Even as I was in the final leg of Thuppakki, I listened to the script of Vijay’s Thalaivaa. It’s a new genre for both of us. The way he takes his films are very dif ferent and interesting.
Nirav Shah is the biggest plus to the movie. He creates a new mood for each and every scene.
He is simply awesome! The movie is shaping up extremely well. ON

OPTING FOR A DEBUTANT DIRECTOR FOR JILLA:

If you look at my career, you will know that debutant directors had a major part to play in my successes. Rarely, I was fortunate enough to get movies from big filmmakers like Fazil sir, Shankar sir and Murugadoss. It is ultimately the script that really warrants a director. Nesan who directs Jilla also falls under this category .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts