Search

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Website glitch reveals the first Oscar Nominee

Django-UnchainedWhile the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences doesn’t go public with nominees for this year’s Oscars until next week, its website has accidentally leaked the name of one on a test page. A test page at the official website of the Academy Awards revealed that ‘Django Unchained’ costume designer Sharen Davis has been nominated for an Academy Award, New York Daily New reported.
This is the third Academy Award nomination for Sharen Davis. She was previously nominated for ‘Dreamgirls’ (2006) and ‘Ray’ (2004),” the premature text on the test page read.After the mistake was pointed out, the Academy quickly moved to scrub the website of any mention of Davis or Quentin Tarantino’s film.
Jamie Foxx plays a slave turned bounty hunter and Leonardo DiCaprio portrays a plantation owner in ‘Django Unchained’.While the test page copy is not a proof that Davis has earned a nomination, the costume designer seemed happy when informed about the mistake on the Oscar’s website.
Oh my gosh! I haven’t even lost weight. I never thought about an Oscar in my life. When they called me for Ray, I thought it was a prank call. I said, ‘Am I going to open the door and see one of those fake, standing Oscars?’”
Academy Award nominations and winners are some of the most closely guarded secrets in Hollywood. The Oscar nominations will take place on January 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts