Search

Friday 1 March 2013

Always wanted to play Anandi: Toral Rasputa

Slipping into someone else’s shoes can be a daunting task, especially for television actors who replace a popular name associated with an iconic character. But Toral Rasputra who will replace Pratyusha Banerjee as Anandi on the hit show Balika Vadhu, couldn’t exude more confidence.

Thrilled about bagging the role, she says, “I am on cloud nine right now. I am nervous and anxious. It’s a great opportunity for me. I always wanted to play Anandi, from the time Avika Gor played the young girl to when Pratyusha took over. It’s a like a dream come true. I have watched Balika Vadhu since it aired four years ago.”

Toral reveals that she was so excited when she received the offer that she “didn’t think twice”. “I feel I got this role as it was my destiny. I didn’t think I was a replacement as I am in love with the show and the character. I am going to give my 100 per cent. The rest I will leave to the audience. My job is to do justice to the role as  actors before me have done. Now it’s my turn to take the role ahead.” She is looking forward to working again with Sriti Jha, who plays the role of Ganga. They worked together on a show titled, Dhoom Machao Dhoom on Disney.

Having done shows like Sahara One’s Kesariya Balam Aavo Maare Des and Zee’s Choti Si Zindagi, Toral was on a break last year. “I got married in November, which is why I took the break. Now I’m looking forward to getting back to work,” she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts